New Hotspot Diagnostic Features for Nebra and third-party hotspots
The new year is upon us and we have been working on some great new features for the diagnostics of your Hotspot. We will also be working on some up and coming features over then next few months, which you can see in the list below.
These diagnostic features are available to all Nebra hotspots as well as third-party manufacture hotspots that are added to our Balena OpenFleets such as Pycom, Syncrobit, Controllino, Linxdot and more.
If you wish to add your hotspot to our Open Fleet then you can visit here - https://nebra.io/openfleets
New Diagnostic Features
- Password protection to enable new features (default password is the Ethernet MAC address but can be changed)
- Password reset using button press on password reset page or by refreshing the miner if no button is available
- Users can now shutdown, restart, reboot and purge from the diagnostics menu
Checkout this guide here to see how to use these new diagnostic features - https://bit.ly/3iQfhGf
Features Coming Soon!
- Custom device hostname i.e. http://nebra.local this will also users to easily access their hotspot without needing the local IP address
- Add device health status including CPU temperature, CPU load, RAM usage, storage, Hotspot uptime, speed and connection test and any other relevant device health parameters
- Add the health status of the Helium network connection from the Hotspot or Validator. This will allow you/us to identify if there is a local issue or Helium issue on the network
- Ability to add third-party hotspots to the Nebra dashboard automatically (Paid extra that includes premium support) as well as adding devices to the Dashboard using a simple QR code from the diagnostics page
- Authenticated API in diagnostics that can pass data to other services
- Ability for paid Dashboard subscribers to add other services such as MYST, TTN, Boring Protocol, ThingsIx, LORIOT and private LoRa® network at users discretion
- QR code for on-boarding to Helium network in diagnostics page
- Add discovery mode capability to diagnostics and Nebra app
- Ability to update Wi-Fi and 4G APN settings via diagnostic page
- Add menu link or banner to link to the dashboard and Helium status information with tooltips when there are issues on the Helium network
- Add display support to diagnostics/pyhelper for CotX and add RGB and LED strip control for hotspots with this functionality
With the above changes to the diagnostic pages and further support for third-party hotspots including Controllino, Pycom, Syncrobit, Linxdot and more, we will be applying for a Helium Foundation Grant to enable us to continue adding more hotspots. If you would like to support our efforts then you can visit https://nebra.io/sponsor