IoT Family Kit for LoRa®
LoRa® (Long Range) is the smart, long-range, wireless transmission technology that is enabling the future of IoT (Internet of Things). It's very low power but is only suitable for very small amounts of data. Making it ideal for sensors such as weather monitoring, air quality etc.
Our IoT Family Kit for LoRa® is the perfect starter set for anyone wanting to set up a IoT Gateway and a few Nodes. The family kit comes with:
- 1 x IoT Gateway HAT with LoRa®
- Low power consumption
- Fully soldered and assembled. Plug onto your Raspberry Pi, install our software and you’re ready to go! No waiting for compiling.
- HAT form factor means that it is more compact to other solutions on the market
- Industrial standard reliability
- Suitable for low power wireless sensor network applications such as irrigation systems, smart metering, smart cities, home automation etc.
- Real time monitoring
- Raspberry Pi A+
- Raspberry Pi B+
- Raspberry Pi 2B
- Raspberry Pi 3B
- Raspberry Pi 3B+
- Raspberry Pi Zero
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Plus any other Raspberry Pi with 40 GPIO Pins
- ASUS Tinkerboard
- ASUS Tinkerboard S
- Odroid C2
- IoT micro:bit Node with LoRa®
RAKWireless RAK811 LoRa node module which is based on Semtech SX1276 LoRa® technology.
It's available in two different frequency variations:
- 868 MHz
- 915 MHz
- Need more information about frequencies in your region? Click here.
What is an IoT Gateway with LoRa®?
A IoT Gateway with LoRa® is the piece of hardware in a LoRaWAN® Network which is setup to primarily receive packets from IoT Nodes and bridge them to a LoRaWAN® Network such as *The Things Network. These are usually able to receive from hundreds of nodes at the same time and provide LoRaWAN® coverage for both your devices and others within range of it. This is most similar to your Wi-Fi Router in a home network.
What is The Things Network?
The Things Network Is a rapidly growing LoRaWAN® Provider that is increasing coverage constantly throughout the UK and Worldwide, the benefit of using a public network is devices that you build in one area of the UK will work in any area of the UK or even the EU as long as you're within Coverage! Not got coverage? You can setup your own gateway (such as our Raspberry Pi IoT Gateway HAT with LoRa®) for you and others to use and increase the coverage at the same time. The Things Network offers a commercial plan but more importantly the free to use community plan as standard.
IoT Boards with LoRa® - Your Gateway to the Internet of Things
IoT Nodes with LoRa®
We currently have three different nodes available depending on which single board computer or micro computer you want to pair it with.