Flick Zero - 3D Tracking & Gesture pHAT for Raspberry Pi Zero
Swipe, tap or flick your wrist to control your Raspberry Pi with the Flick pHAT. Flick Zero is a 3D tracking and gesture pHAT that lets you control the Raspberry Pi Zero mini computer as if by magic!
Flick uses technology that enables the PCB to detect your gestures from up to 15cm away in 3D space. Draw a circle, swipe your hand - Flick will track it. Integrate Flick into your Raspberry Pi project to give you multiple ways of controlling it. Using the near field gesture technology, you're able to hide your project behind non-conductive material (wood/acrylic) and still use Flick (please note however that mounting it in this way may reduce the sensor range).
Plug and play functionality allows you to get up and running within minutes. Use our software libraries (complete with one line installer) to fully explore what you can do with Flick. Control your computer, TV, music system and more all with a Flick of the wrist!
- Fully compatible with Pi Zero & Pi Zero W
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 2B, 3B and 3B+ and all other Raspberry Pi boards with 40 GPIO pins (or compatible boards).
- 3D tracking
- Gesture sensing up to 15cm
- Touch and Tap sensing
- Communicates with the Raspberry Pi via I2C
- Full software libraries (fully open-source code)
- One line installer
- No soldering required
- Dimensions: 6.5cm x 3cm x 0.6cm
- Fully CE and FCC tested and approved
- 1 Flick Zero
- 8 Plastic bolts
- 4 Plastic spacers
- 3 Stickers
- 2 Info card
- Chip: MGC3130 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller
- Detection range: 0 to 15 cm in ideal circumstances
- Temperature Range: -20 to +85
- Position Rate: 200 positions/sec
- Spatial Resolution: up to 150 dpi
- Proximity and Touch Sensing
- Flick Large has a red/green dual colour LED that can be driven using pins LED1 and LED2
- Flick Large has level shifting on board so can work with any microcontroller with either 5V or 3V3 power and data signals
- Compatible with the Hillstar Development Kit over USB on PC in order to use with a computer or to program new firmware onto the board.
- Available gestures: Swipe (east to west, west to east, north to south, south to north), tap and double tap (center, east, west, north, south), airwheel (clockwise, anti-clockwise) and touch (center, east, west, north, south)
- Works even through the Flick Large case
- No detection blind spots
- Low-power design
Software, Setup Guide and fun projects
- Software for the Flick boards is available here on GitHub
- Follow this guide to set up your Flick Zero board and case
- Raspberry Pi As Robotic Arm Controller with Flick HAT
- Control your Raspberry Pi Sense HAT using gestures with Flick
Explore the entire Flick rangeHave you seen our other Flick boards yet? Why not try them out :)
- Flick HAT
- Flick Large